INSTRUCTOR: NATHAN FISHER
Recommended for ages 9 and up. Do you dream of becoming an animator or working in the animation industry when you grow up? You don't have to wait for college to get started. In fact, it's better if you start now. This class continues where Animation 101 leaves off, but we welcome new students!. You will receive the following practical, hands-on application from week to week:
• Get setup with the essential tools to animate
• The most important drawing technique for animators
• Create your first animation
• Twelve principles of great animation
• Create animations applying the two most important principles
• Core animator success habits
• Drawing frame by frame animation VS. animating digital puppet characters
• Create animations applying both methods
• Getting deeper into the tools
• The process of preparing a story for animation
• Breaking down a scene so you know where to start
• Next steps – where to go from here
This class teaches an important practical balance between working digitally and working with natural media. Students with their own Mac or Windows laptop are encouraged to bring them to this class. In doing so, I will be able to help you to get the most out of your computer for creating digital animation. An additional $20 supply fee covers a sketch book and paper-based animation materials for each student.
For students who wish to participate digitally, I recommend a bringing a Windows or Mac laptop with a basic Wacom drawing tablet – OR – an iOS or Android device (tablet, phone, or KIndle Fire). I also recommend installing the RoughAnimator app (http://roughanimator.com) in advance so it is ready to use. This app is available for all devices listed here. Please make sure that your device battery is charged before class or bring your power supply.
I also recommend bringing your favorite sketchbook and drawing pencil.